Regarding COVID-19 Pandemic
Dear Patients, Clients, Supporters and Friends,
The safety, health and well-being of our patients is of the utmost importance to us as we chart the uncertain waters of the COVID-19 pandemic. We are blessed and honored that many have entrusted their care to us. We want to reassure you that every member of our team is giving 100% in our efforts to keep people healthy.
The most recent updates on COVID-19 can be found in the daily news releases of the California Department of Public Health by clicking on this link: https://www.cdph.ca.gov/Programs/OPA/Pages/New-Release-2020.aspx
In San Diego County, the the latest health order changes, including guidelines on face coverings, which types of businesses or attractions are open or closed, and more can be found on this link: San Diego Health Order
At COLFS Medical Clinic, the following measures are in place:
- Every one of our employees is screened daily for fever and symptoms of COVID-19.
- We are ensuring we have an adequate supply of personnel protective equipment (masks, gloves and gowns).
- All staff are washing hands frequently and/or using hand sanitizer in accordance with CDC recommendations.
- We are frequently wiping surfaces that could harbor the COVID-19 virus.
- Telehealth video virtual visits are in place in order to avoid unnecessary trips to the office.
- Telephone calls being utilized more extensively.
- For patients, we are asking that they only are accompanied if necessary, such as in the case for children or the frail elderly. We ask that others wait outside of the office.
- In the office, we are practicing social distancing.
- Patients without face masks are provided with a mask.
- Additionally, all patients with possible COVID-19 are given masks and escorted through another entrance, to avoid contact with other people and escorted through another entrance, to avoid contact with other people.
We ask that all of you cooperate with the restrictions that have been put in place by our various government authorities. Our sacrifices now will help mitigate the future spike of new cases that other countries have experienced.
As a reminder, here are concrete steps you can take to defeat this invisible enemy:
- Wash your hands often with soap, scrubbing for 20 seconds (the time it takes to sing the “happy birthday” song twice)
- If you cannot wash your hands, use hand sanitizer, rubbing for 20 seconds, until dry.
- Your hands are your worst enemies, keep them away from your face and avoid touching surfaces, handles, knobs, etc.
- Clean your phone with a sanitizing wipe, frequently.
- Observe the restrictions on gathering with greater than 10 people.
- Respect the six-foot “bubble.”
- Stay home, unless you need to buy food or medicine.
- Go outside to walk or exercise, as a family, while keeping six-feet away from others.
- If you are sick, stay home in quarantine. Call your medical practitioner for advice if you feel you are sick enough to be seen in the office, urgent care or emergency department.
The COVID-19 coronavirus pandemic is a rapidly emerging and evolving situation. We will provide information important to your health and other necessary updates as they become available in challenging and uncertain times. We are committed to providing the highest quality of compassionate, personalized care through this crisis and beyond. May God bless you, our country and the world.